02 Mar Welcome Kredo, Goodbye Talentcards
The Microlearning concept was introduced to our seafarers by using the TalentCards app in December 2018.
The Microlearning courses are short and focused, usually two to five minutes long, delivered in bite-sized chunks, with a focus on specific learning objectives. It is designed to be easily digestible, memorable and actionable. It can be used in combination with other forms of learning and is targeted towards learners with short attention spans.
Microlearning is effective in providing just-in-time, on-demand learning opportunities, which is beneficial for people who need to acquire new skills or knowledge quickly and easily. It can also be used to reinforce or refresh previously learned material, to help learners retain the information over time. Additionally, it can be integrated with other learning and development activities, to provide a holistic, blended learning experience.
The use of virtual classroom and online learning systems has increased dramatically since the start of Covid, where gathering people in the classroom was not possible. Uniteam Training has developed over 200 courses as DISS (Done in Sixty Seconds) modules and ONTHEGO modules. The mobile-based self-learning modules in combination with Virtual Classroom enabled us to provide uninterrupted training to fulfil the training needs of our seafarers during the disruption of Covid.
To improve the delivery of our training content in line with the advancement of new technology, we are moving to a new platform.
It is time to say goodbye to the TalentCards app. 31 December 2022 was the last day we used TalentCards as our learning platform. We are very grateful to the TalentCards team for their unwavering and continuous support during the last four years.
We started using a new learning platform called KREDO on 1 January 2023.
HERE ARE A FEW TIPS AS A QUICK-START GUIDE:
- You will receive the invitation email from KREDO Systems. Note down the username and password.
- Download the KREDO app from the App Store / Google Play Store.
- Sign in by using the username and password you received by email.
- You will see the learner dashboard, assigned courses, and assigned learning paths.
- Open the course you want to learn and enjoy your learning journey.
- You can contact our support team by sending an email to email@example.com
WHAT IS KREDO?
KREDO is an innovative and user-friendly online learning platform that provides students with access to high-quality educational resources and personalises the learning experience to meet the unique needs of each student. The courses are designed to be interactive and engaging. They also offer a wide range of assessments, quizzes and resources for practising and self-evaluating.
Another important aspect of KREDO is its ability to personalise the learning experience for each student. The platform uses advanced algorithms to assess a student’s progress and adapt the content to their specific needs and abilities. This ensures that students are challenged at the right level and can make steady progress in their studies.
KREDO also allows students to collaborate and share their knowledge and ideas. It has a built-in messaging and chat system to foster the student’s learning community and form study groups.
HERE ARE A FEW FEATURES:
- Learning is not just reading the content or watching the videos. You can also listen to the content through background voices just like an audiobook.
- Social learning is possible. You can chat with the instructor and collaborate with your colleagues both within and outside your course groups using discussion boards, comments, likes, bookmarks and chat requests.
- Provide feedback of 1 to 5 stars.
- Do the survey and take assignments for continuous learning.
- Join a Virtual Meeting or classroom directly from the app.
- Use QR codes for quick learning. Use the search func- tion to find the course.
- You will see the Calendar for your learning schedule.
- A new feature called “Learning path”. It is a series of modules which you will have to complete as per the order set up in the system. The intention is to cover a specific topic in an intended sequence.
- The system can produce a course completion certificate.
- You will receive a notification when a new course or new learning path is assigned to you.
We will continue our efforts to make training easier, less intrusive, more effective, less time-consuming and more fun!
Enjoy learning and stay safe!
Captain Tin Maung Tun, Managing Director, Uniteam Training